How to Run Minecraft with 64 bit Java? This article will teach you how to run Minecraft with 64 bit Java and all the things you need to know, so you can play Minecraft smoothly on your Windows 10 computer.
Gaming is entertaining, and we cannot deny the excitement of running a game smoothly and lag-free on our PC. Lagging or crashes ruin the gaming experience, and as with all other video games, the same is the case with Minecraft. Running the 64-bit version is a better option because of these important reasons: less crashes, smoother gameplay experience and faster rendering, and less lagging. There are several benefits of running the Minecraft 64-bit version over the 32-bit version on your PC. Minecraft runs on the Java platform, and by default, the Java version installed is the 32-bit one.
Consequently, 64-bit Java for Minecraft is a prerequisite you need to fulfill. This article will teach you in detail the steps on how to get 64 bit Minecraft for your computer.
System requirements for running 64 bit Minecraft
To get started with the 64-bit version of Minecraft, it is better first to know the system requirements to run the program smoothly.
The “minimum” system requirements for running the 64-bit version of Minecraft are:
CPU: Intel Core i3 3210 / AMD A8 7600 APU or equivalent;
RAM: 4 GB RAM;
Storage: 180 MB to 1 GB of free space;
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4000 or AMD Radeon R5 series / NVIDIA GeForce 400 series or AMD Radeon HD 7000 series;
OS: 64-bit Windows 7 or higher;
Screen Resolution: 1027 x 768 or better;
Network: Broadband Internet connection.
The “recommended” system requirements for the 64-bit version of Minecraft are:
CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 / AMD A10 7800 or higher;
RAM: 8 GB RAM;
Storage: 4 GB of free space;
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 700 series;
OS: 64-bit Windows 10;
Screen Resolution: 1024 x 768 or better;
Network: Broadband Internet connection.
Software prerequisites for installing Minecraft 64 bit
Minecraft runs on Java, which is a programming language and platform. Oracle released the first version of Java in 1995. The program has exponentially grown since its initial launch, and now billions of websites and computers rely on Java worldwide.
Java is the framework that Minecraft uses to run, and by default, players have the 32-bit version of Java. Therefore, you must install and run 64-bit Java for Minecraft 64-bit edition.
How to download Minecraft 64 bit in Windows 10?
How to acquire 64 bit Java for Minecraft? To proceed with the Minecraft 64 bit Java download is simple. Please make sure that you have a 64-bit version of Windows 10 installed on your computer.
To check it, right-click “This PC”, and click Properties. There you will be able to identify the version of Windows 10 in an image similar to this:
Follow the steps below to install 64-bit Java on your computer:
1) Access the Start Menu and open your web browser
2) Go to www.java.com
3) Click on the red button that says “Java Download”
4) Follow the prompts to complete the installation
5) You may need to restart your browser for the changes to take place.
How to run 64 bit Minecraft in Windows 10?
Now that you know how to get Minecraft 64 bit. To run the 64 bit Minecraft in Windows 10, Follow the steps listed below:
1) After installing 64-bit Java, run Minecraft on your computer. Make sure it was not running before when you were installing the 64-bit Java
2) Go to “Launch options” in your game to set the Minecraft launcher 64 bit
3) After that, select the version of Minecraft you want to play
4) Go to JVM arguments next
5) Add “-d64” at the end
6) Now click Save and launch the game
7) To check if you are running the Minecraft Java 64 bit, click on Options>Video Settings
8) Set the Render Distance to “Far”
9) If no warning is showing, it means your computer is using 64 bit Java for Minecraft
10) If any warning appears, it means that Minecraft is not using the 64-bit Java. The “Far” render distance is not designed for the 32-bit version of Minecraft
11) Enjoy your Minecraft in Windows 10 in 64-bit!
Minecraft is a fantastic entertaining game and is widely considered one of the best and most popular games in the world. We hope this has helped you to improve your Minecraft gaming experience, if you enjoyed this article please share it with your friends. Good luck in your Minecraft Quest!